Though clear glasses frames have been around for years, they have become much more popular in recent years. Clear spectacles are unique in that they are classic yet modern, and transparent but very bold. Most of us would normally choose a black, brown, gold or grey frame over clear glasses frames, but transparent glasses are actually a very cool and trendy accessory that can be worn by men and women alike.
Here are our best tips for wearing clear glasses frames…
Here are some tips on how to pull off clear glasses frames:
1. Choose a frame for your face shape: As with any pair of glasses, you’ll want to choose a frame that complements your face shape. A general rule to follow is to choose a frame that is the opposite shape of your face. If you have a square face, you should consider rounded or oval frames. If you have a more rounded face shape, try on frames with a more rectangular or square shape to add some angles to your features. If you have an oval face, you are in luck – the oval shape is considered to be one of the easiest to find glasses for because most frames will look great.
2. Wear with lighter coloured clothing: Dark clothes will take the attention away from your funky clear classes and make them appear invisible. It’s best to pair your clear glasses frames with light coloured clothes that will bring focus up to your face and on to your glasses.
3. Apply lighter makeup: Heavy eye makeup and clear frames don’t mix! When you choose to wear clear glasses, apply your eye makeup lightly to keep the focus on your frames.
4. Choose a larger sized frame style: Large or oversized glasses frames are definitely in style and make a perfect match with clear glasses frames. Make a bold statement with your clear glasses and opt for large frames that suit your face shape.
5. Wear them in indoors: If you are wearing clearly glasses frames, pack a pair of prescription sunglasses in the same style to keep the sun’s harmful UV rays out of your eyes.
The round style
The cat eye style
The wingtip style
There’s no reason why you can’t pull off this hot glasses trend. So, try out a pair of clear glasses frames and make a bold fashion statement!