General privacy and compliance: Privacy@Clearly.com.au
Data Protection Officer, Tim Desmond: Tim.Desmond@Clearly.com.au
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Data we collect when you visit our website
When you access our website, we automatically collect and store some of your data in our server logs and in cookies, which are small text files that a web server stores in browser software. A browser sends cookies to a server when the browser makes a connection to the server.
This data does not allow us to directly identify you, but it does record data related to your browsing history on our website. This includes the pages you accessed; the date and time of your request and referral URL; the date and time at which you accessed them; your search queries within the site; and information about the device you used such as its hardware model, operation system version, unique device identifier, Internet protocol address, hardware settings, browser type, and browser language.
You are not required to provide your data if you only want to visit our website. You may refuse to accept cookies by configuring your web browser accordingly (for more information, refer to the ‘help’ section of your web browser). That said, refusing cookies is likely to disrupt your navigation on our website, and may prevent you from accessing certain pages or services.
Data we collect when you sign up or when you order products
Some of the services offered on our website require you to register and/or sign up with us. If you want to use these services, we will ask you to provide us with complete and accurate personal data, and inform us if, or when, your data needs to be updated. If you do not provide us with complete and accurate data, or if you do not inform us that your data needs to be updated, we may not be able to provide you with the services you have requested.
We collect the following categories of your personal data:
- Identification data: including your name, telephone number, e-mail address, Customer ID, Prescription, and similar information.
- Financial data: including the details of your payment method such as a credit card, though we do not store the details of any card after the first order has been processed.
- IT data: including the pages you accessed; the date and time of your request and referral URL; the date and time at which you accessed them; your search queries within the site; and information about the device you used such as its hardware model, operation system version, unique device identifier, Internet protocol address, hardware settings, browser type, and browser language.
HOW DO WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT?
We only use your personal data within the limits authorized by current laws and regulations. Sometimes, we shall use your personal data because laws and regulations actively require us to do so. In any case, we do not make any automated decisions solely on automatic processing which may produce legal effects concerning you, or similarly significantly affect you.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- We use your identification data in order to provide you with services as per our contractual obligations.
- We use your financial data to process sales, returns, or replacement orders.
- We use your IT data to track various analytics attributes so that we can continue to provide a more efficient service.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT?
You can see the time limits for personal data storage below:
- Identification data - 7 years
- Financial data - 10 years
- IT data - 7 years
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE SHARE?
We inform you that we may share your personal data with companies outside of Clearly.
- Identification data - Yes. Limited strictly to SMS (name and telephone no)
- Financial data - No
- IT data - Yes
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA?
We have measures in place to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, including without limitation:
- We implement and maintain sophisticated technical measures to ensure that your personal data is recorded and processed in complete confidentiality and security.
- We implement and maintain appropriate restrictions on access to your personal data, and monitoring of the access, use, and transfer of personal data.
- All employees who have access to your personal data are required to enter into nondisclosure or similar agreements, which imposes obligations for them to comply with our data privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- We require any business partners and third-party service providers with whom we may share your personal data to comply with any applicable data privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- We provide data privacy training on a regular basis to our employees and third parties who have access to personal data.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
Under applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have the following rights:
- Of access to, rectification of, and/or erasure of your personal data;
- To restrict or object to its processing;
- To tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing information;
- In some circumstances, to require certain of your personal data to be transferred to you or a third party; and
- To the extent our processing of your personal data is based upon your consent, to withdraw your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- Your name and surname, and a photocopy of your identity card;
- Your specific petition (in other words, what rights you want to exercise);
- The date of the application and your signature (if you sent your application by postal mail).
If you do not feel satisfied following this interaction, you may also lodge a complaint about our processing of your Personal Data with a data protection authority.
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we may send you an email. Generally, you may not opt out of these communications, particularly as they are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
If you wish to subscribe to our email newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the emails to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you an option to unsubscribe. Please see the Opt Out section below.
We provide you the opportunity to opt out of having your personal information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, if you purchase a product/service but do not wish to receive any additional promotional emails from us, you may opt out at any time by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each email communication.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you (i) allow us to share your data strictly with companies within Clearly and (ii) give your express, specific and informed consent to receive emails of promotional materials concerning optical products and glasses from these companies. Each email sent to you by Clearly and/or other companies within our group will include an 'unsubscribe' link.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Removing Display/Advertisements from Your Device
Go to the NAI website. Their site will scan your computer/device for any third-party display or advertisements. A list of any third-party ads will then be populated and from there you can select the checkboxes next to the ads that you would like to remove. This ensures that advertisements will not come back to your computer/device as it is not registered to receive them. Note, the NAI website is not associated with Clearly.
Manually access the cache and cookies of your browser and clear them. You will need to clear all to remove all third-party display advertisements.
- How to clear cookies and cache in Firefox
- How to clear cookies and cache in Chrome
- How to clear cookies and cache in Internet Explorer
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE